A renowned learned group, Akwa Ibom North- West Senatorial District Lawyers Coalition today, joined thousands of well-wishers across the country to celebrate a distinguished uncommon leader, who successfully placed Akwa Ibom on the Map of destination.
In a statement jointly signed by the coordinator, Barr.Patrick Umoh, and the secretary, Barr Anthony Udonsa, the group stated that Senator Akpabio’s 54 years on earth have been marked by huge charismatic endowments that are evident in his political life as a leader and his professional life as a lawyer.
The group prays Almighty God to sustain the Senate Minority Leader as he continues to serve the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the National Assembly and the good people of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District.
Meanwhile, Hon. Dr. (Barr.) Emmanuel Udosen, Transition Chairman of Abak Local Government Area also showers words of savoury on the former Governor as he wrote:
Today, Nigeria stands still as the lion of the tribe of Niger Delta clocks 54. Even the very tiny minority of dissenting voices in their lucid moments will applaud this phenomenal leader for.,
1. Giving us a first class status/ securing our independence in the comity of states
2. Giving us a first class stadium, the best in Africa, the nest of champions and abode for the super eagles
3. Giving us a world class hospital, the best in Africa
4. Turning boys to men
5. Constructing the best Governor’s Lodge in Nigeria
6. Giving succour to the widows and indigent Nigerians
7. Empowering churches and men of God
8. Transforming Akwa Ibom from a mere pedestrian state to a destination of choice for Nigerians and foreigners alike
9. Unprecedented infrastructural renaissance
10. Giving us Akwa Ibom airport thus opening the state to the world
11. Bringing to bear the free and compulsory education policy thus ending the miasmic house boy/house girl syndrome and preparing our future generation to compete and even surpass their peers from other states in all spheres of human endeavour.
12. Unprecedented empowerment of our people to a level hitherto unimagined
13. A potent voice for the entire south south in the affairs of Nigeria.
14. Above all, giving us a worthy successor, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel, equipped with the requisite credentials to steer the ship of the state in this perilous times and standing by to ensure that in 2019, we would line up to return him to Hill top mansion and himself to the Nigerian Senate.
For this and many more, I join millions of other Nigerians to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY my father, mentor, leader, father in-law, benefactor, godfather to my son and all.
God bless you!