By Ifere Paul
$50, 000.00 (Fifty Thousand Dollars) is huge amount of money.
1. It can pay all Local Government staff that are owed salaries.
2. It can pay all outstanding arrears and salaries owed ITM Ugep staff and their contractors.
3. It can pay all CUDA 11 months salaries.
4. It can pay CRUTECH impress and outstanding salaries of lecturers and their allowances.
5. It can pay the furniture allowances of Local Government Councilors and other elected officials of the LGA and their appointees.
Read Also: Calabar to hosts Miss Africa pageantry on November 26
6. $50,000.00 can pay off assembly members allowances and other CRSHGA staff.
7. It will also go a long way to pay all scholarship beneficiaries of the State government all over the world.
8. Better still, it can be used to fix all the potholes in Calabar Metropolis.
9. It can be used to rebuild our classroom blocks in our villages, equip them with world class libraries and computers for e-learning, or even provide them with modern chairs and desks.
10. Do you know what the Cross River State government is planning to do with this money? They are planning a bootilicious pageantry.
Read Also: Beauty Queens from 30 African countries arrive Calabar for Miss Africa 2016 (Photos)
11. The pageantry is tagged “Miss Climate Change” of Cross River State.
12. Contestants are from other countries around Africa. First price is $25,000.00, second price is $15,000.00, and third price is $10,000.00.
13. How does this Miss Climate Change Pageantry benefit the least person in our food chain in Cross River State?
14. There are lots of problems in Cross River State that needs money to solve. Especially, the numerous appointees that needs their salaries.
15. But we leave all these problems to use our money to call for Miss Climate Change pageantry? Just because we want to look at ladies yansh we are spending $50,000.00?