Following the recent allegation by the Federal Government that our son, Joe Agi, SAN and his law firm serially bribed judges to secure favourable judgements for their clients, we the concerned youths of Ogoja under the Ogoja Youth Forum wishe to state the following:
1. That we are in total suppport of the anti-corruption crusade of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government.
2. That we are indeed saddened by that fact that out of a 15 count charge of obtaining bribes filed by the Federal Government against Justice Ademola, our son, Mr Joe Agi was mentioned in at least 7 of the charges as the bribe giver.
3. That we like every Ogoja man and woman are scandalised and indeed, embarrassed by this grave allegation against Mr. Agi.
4. That as a Forum that promotes peace and transparency in public service, we are left speechless by further revelations of more alleged acts of corruption against Mr. Agi.
5. We are shocked that Mr Agi was mentioned as having fraudulently obtained a judgement debt of $3.2billion against the Federal Government in the case presided over by Justice Adeniyi Ademola on 3rd December 2013 out of which $1.6 billion was paid into Joe Agi’s sky bank account number 1060003931 with sort code number 076151019.
6. As if this was not bad enough, Mr Agi was yet again accused of involvement in a fraudulent garnishee proceeding in a matter involving the Nigerian Navy where he allegedly converted the sum of #240000000 into his above mentioned personal account.
7. Given these mind-boggling allegations, we are constrained to ask all relevant anti-graft agencies to wake up to their duties and charge Mr. Agi to court.
8. We believe that charging Mr Agi to court will offer him the opportunity to establish his innocence or be confined to infamy.
9. The Forum is embarrassed that the Ogoja region known for producing brilliant and renowned lawyers such as late Justice Ndoma Egba, Chief Kanu Agabi SAN, former Attorney General of the Federation, Victor Ndoma Egba, former Senate leader, Barrister Paul Erokoro SAN, Professor Cyril Osim Ndifon, Barrister Taiwo Eja Tawo SAN, Olufunke Dan Agbor SAN etc, is now suffering indignity owing to Mr Agi’s alleged corrupt acts.
10. We also believe that there is a moral obligation on Joe Agi SAN who is widely reported to have taken refuge in the UK to come back home to submit himself to DSS and clear his name to avoid further embarrassment to the Ogoja nation.
11. We wish to further reiterated our abhorrence for all forms of stealing and corruption and as such, if our son Joe Agi SAN is found wanting, he should be prosecuted and punished accordingly.
12. We also want to use this opportunity to congratulate the new Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnogen from cross River State.